Sunday, August 8, 2010

Boundless Challenge Final Essay

There are many events that happen in life that can be life changing. The Boundless Summer Challenge was something that changed me. From each week I felt like I was getting stronger and loved doing things that I didn't feel comfortable. I will explain some of the parts of the challenge that changed me.
The first week on relationships changed how I feel about relationships. I want to be pursed and I want God to lead me to that special person. I got a good refresher course on biblical dating. I feel like a lot of it I learned growing up but I didn't hear it in a long time. I learned that I need to guard my heart. There are so many things I learned and showed me what would be good to have in a guy. I want a guy who loves Jesus like me. I want someone who we can serve in the church together and do things for the Kingdom of God. Ultimately I want what God wants for me he is in control not me. To end this challenge I went to a wedding yesterday and the couple who got married is such an encouragement to me to wait on the Lord because he has that guy out there for me even if I have to wait.
The second week really got me out of my comfort zone. I told my brother I respected him and I really do. He has done so much he went to law school and found his now wife in law school. I respect how he treats her and how they love the Lord and so many other qualities. I also in this week had the ability to ask someone out to Starbucks and I did but it didn't work out. But we did talk and we hadn't talked in awhile. God put that girl on my heart and I did it. God can do amazing things and He really got me out of my comfort zone. I am a person who likes routines and doesn't like to try new things. But after this challenge I like to try new things and usually when I do it I love it!
Then we started to talk about the body the Christ. This made me appreciate my church family from the past and today. I have so many people in past churches I went to who impacted me and of course my church family means the world to me. During this challenge I saw it with my church family. I have people in my church if I ever needed anything they would be there in a second. I have so many men in my church who are like a father to me and I have women who when I need something or am struggling they will be there for me. I have many young married women who are mentoring me in the area of relationships.
This challenge was awesome teaching me to memorize bible verses and has brought me close to the Lord. I am a happier person and I don't really want the challenge to end. It is not about the ipad. This challenge was amazing and I don't care about winning. I care about my relationship with Christ and how it has expanded. During this challenge my pastor has had great sermons that go along sometimes with this. I have been trying to change things in my life that need to be changed for the better and I know I have family and friends who support me. I see myself improving everyday I can't thank Boundless enough for doing this challenge. These are just some of the things this challenge has done for me. I feel like I am leaving out so much.

No comments: