Sunday, March 28, 2010

What I learned this weekend!

I learned a lot this weekend. It was the first time going on a trip with my grandpa without my aunts. It was a lot of fun though.

I learned not to speed on country roads late at night...we got pulled over but he let us go.
My grandpa brought books to put at his house and I was reading a Charles Stanley one but I left it up there but I got pretty far. It taught me a lot of what I needed to read. My grandpa brought his daily bread with him he is so strong in the word and I love it. We ha a great time with my cousins this weekend. Playing all day and I think I got a little too much fresh air. My uncle is a great dad again to his new little princess. She is adorable and he holds her and sleeps with her and it is adorable. He will even stay up till 4 am with her if she is crying. My dad is also a great father and we had a lot of fun this weekend. He may be a little silly and joke around but he always makes sure we are safe and that we have fun. It really was a great weekend with my family and taught me a lot which I will cherish for the rest of my life.

My favorite part of the trip is on the way home when I started talking to my grandpa about his trip to Cananda when he was 7. His family went from all the way from Miami to Niagra Falls in a Lincoln that seated 8 people but they squeezed 9 in there. The car would only go 50 mph which isn't very fast and they didn't have interstates back then. They didn't even stay in hotel they stayed in tourist homes. Basically you would knock on someones door and asked if you could sleep there for the night and pay them. They would also stop along the way too. They stopped in Washington, D.C. and other places. My grandpa didn't remember much but it was fun learning about it. My grandpa plays a big part in my life. We don't always say much to each other but he teaches me a lot.

I think thats all I wanted to say. I should have typed this blog the other night because I think I wanted to say more. The kids wore me out I am soo exhausted.

No comments: