Sunday, December 20, 2009

The greatest gift of all

Christmas is this week and pastor had an awesome sermon to get me ready for the true meaning of Christmas. I have always known it is not about the physical gifts people give me it is about the birth of king and the gifts he gives us.

A gift is something given from the heart and thats what God gave us with Jesus' birth. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given." Isaiah 9:6 Christmas is something God gave to us a gift.

I really liked this verse well the begining is my fave "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17 That is sooo true I know a gift that someone gives to me is something that God meant for me to have.

More importantly God gave us his salvation In John 3:16 he mentions giving too... "For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." Also like in Ephesians 2:8-9 they mention the same things. Salvation is a gift. it is by grace through faith. In Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is DEATH; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

But the awesome thing about this gift of salvation is "For the gifts and the calling of God are IRREVOCABLE" Romans 11:29. That is the most amazing thing. The only thing I want for this Christmas is something my grandmother always wanted for her children and her grandchildren for them to know Jesus at a young age and serve him. All I want if for all my friends to come to know Jesus. I would love if my friends have what I have and love Jesus as much as I do and serve him faithfully. I dont need presents I would love to have my friends presence with me and Jesus in heaven one day.

I am so happy to be celebrating the birth of Jesus this week. Went to the Living Nativity tonight and it was awesome! :)

No comments: