Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

Wow what a great Easter! It was one of the best Easter sermons in awhile. Pastor talked about hope and how most people talk about hope in a doubtful way and the way we use the word is important. The biblical definition he gave of hope is assurance, a certain expectation. Biblical hope is resting in a promise that God says something will happen and it will. If you look at John 3:16 that is a promise of something that will happen. Pastor put tons of verses that had to do with hope, I will put them at the end if you just put your curser over them it will show them :) A Christian has hope in what Christ has done and will come back one day. Titus 3:5 is based on what he has done and not about what we do in life. Some people tell other people nothing is certain in life and that is false because God is certain about eternal life. Faith is being sure what we hope for. Faith is all about Jesus and trusting him what he did on the cross. Some people say "I need hope now" but they need to think about eternity too. I didnt write down the verse but it says "Hope in me for eternity and you can have hope now." If you give it all now you have hope forever. 1 Peter 1:3 It was an awesome sermon and helped me think about me using the word hope and I need to look about and see how I use it.

Verses: Romans 8:24 Romans 12:12 Romans 15:13 Romans 15:4 1 Corinthians 13 1 Corinthians 3:12 Ephesians 3:12 Ephesians 1:12 Ephesians 1:18 1 Timothy 4:10

Other than that I had an awesome day with my family. I love my family so much. I mean holidays are a lot of fun. We even have 2 new additions, Alissa my sister in law and Kimberly who we got to skype with today! I am thankful for my family and that we laugh and joke around and we even had an Easter egg hunt which we havent done in years! It was fun which I said like 5 times :)

He is Risen!! Easter one of my favorite holidays sooo happy for what Jesus did for everyone reminds me of the song Up from the grave he arose...

No comments: