Thursday, April 15, 2010
Interesting Story
The phone rings at 8:10 am this morning at work and I thought someone was calling out for the day so I picked it up and answered it. It was not someone calling otherwise I wouldn't have answered the phone because we don't open until 8:30. It turns out to be this customer who needed help placing her book order online. I was like oh no an annoying call bright and early in the morning because orders have to placed online and people don't like to try. But I was friendly like always and met someone who could use someone. I found out in the course of the call that she has MS. She used to teach dance to 300 kids and now she is confined to her house most of the day. She goes to class one day a week and when she gets home she has to be in bed because she is so tired from walking. She counts the steps from her house to her car because it hurts a lot. She is from Minnesota and doesn't have many friends here. She just wanted someone to talk to. She even invited me to lunch but I didn't know what to say. She wanted to find a group of friends and I told her church is the best place to find a group of people but she went on to tell me how she is a liberal ulitarian. I really wasn't talking to her that much she was telling me. It was the most interesting 45 minute call of my morning and I will be praying for her. In the end I did help her with her order and she was very happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment