Today was just a great day celebrating my mom and I learned soo much in sunday school and church today.
We talked about sin in sunday school and how all sin is equal no matter what. We talked about how God has a purose for things and we need to fulfill his purpose of bringing other people to Him. (I dont remember exactly but it was close to that)
I liked this verse Micah 6:8 it shows what he wants.
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
I was reading in my bible during sunday school Nahum because it is right next to Micah. I really liked Nahum 1:3 it really showed me the power of God and I just liked it a lot. I have the king james version and it is still very descriptive.
The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.
Now for church we had Dr. Joe Bruce I think he is the leader for the Carribbean IMB if I am correct. He talked about the Godly women and chnaged lives for mothers day.
He talked about Lydia and how she got the gospel from Europe to N. America. Paul had a dream about a man in macedonia but it was a women and she took care of him when he got there.
Acts 16:9-10 Acts 16:13-14
Dr. Bruce worked in Honduras for a little bit helping them out and he told stories of Godly women. Their church needed a piano and one day they found someone who didnt know every much but she did what she could and they got to enjoy their worship more. Also this lady wanted to do whatever she could to please the Lord and be obedient.
No matter what gifts we have and how small they are God can make them big.
There was another lady who couldnt read or write and she would go to peoples houses and ask if they could read to her and she would have them read John 3:16 to her then she would explain it to people and they would come to the Lord. :)
God usues unusual people to fulfill his purpose.
There was another lady who was single and the mother of a child died in childbirth and the baby got sick in childbirth then she got the child healed and they let her keep the baby.
He also talked about a guy who needed help he was abusive to his family and he completely turned around and changed and his family wasnt afraid anymore.
2 corinthians 5:17
herefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
So we can be all that he wants us to be we need to be changed.
He talked about the spirtitual abc's to become a chrsitian
A- Acknowledge you are a sinner and you need Jesus
B- Believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins
C- Confess him as your savior.
Thats all you need and He loves you and wants you in His life. He wants you to be apart of his kingdom. Like John 3:16 says For God so loved the WORLD He gave HIS ONE begotten son so that whosoever beleives in Him SHALL NOT PERISH but have EVERLASTING LIFE!!
I mean how can you get any better than that someone dying and then wanting to spend eternity with you? :) it makes me smile
Sorry this is long I wanted to share my sermon notes.
I <3 Jesus!!
No comments:
Post a Comment