Sunday, July 25, 2010

The boundless challenge so far

Since at the end of the challenge we have to write an essay I thought I would gather my thoughts from the last two week and say how it has changed me.

The first week was on relationships and when I started I was shocked the first articles were on biblical dating. It was stuff I had heard my whole life from many different people and it was nice to have a refresher course on it now with me being older. I loved how they talked about the guy being the pursuer and I really want that one day. I want it to be based on biblical ideas. I also enjoyed asking my friend what I could change about myself. She is now more open to tell me if something is wrong helping me to become a better person and in area that I could use improvement. Having to tell my brother I respected him was very special too thats the first task that got me out of my comfort zone because I am not used to telling him stuff like that.

The next week was on community another great topic and got me out of my comfort zone. The hard thing was finding a person to take out to Starbucks and having the courage to do it. I am a strong person I have gone through some tough things in my life. I thought to myself I can do this and the Lord was putting this girl on my heart to ask so I did. Turned out she couldn't do it but we are going to do it another day and we did have a good facebook conversation. Since we talked about mentors I have been thinking ever since they gave that challenge who my mentors are. At first I had a small list then as I got thinking I kept adding people to my list. Right now I have a little group of mentors. But I have had many throughout the years but some people move away and issues like that. I love doing kind things for people so that one wasn't hard. When someone is sad I love to surprise them with something they like and it usually cheers them up.

This part needs its own paragraph. We talked about church family a lot this week. I am so thankful for my church family they mean the world to me. We are very close and we accept anyone into our family its not like a clique. We have wide open arms for visitors. I was looking around today at church and I saw love in my church family all around today. In sunday school we have a good time and I enjoy being in there even though sometimes I am the only girl. During Sunday school I saw a lady crying and the pastors wife was talking to her. At the end of them talking they were praying with each other. I saw little kids having fun and playing a game after church. We have kids who are in the word together and have bible verses memorized. I just look around and I see the love of God pouring out of people there. I couldn't ask for a better church family. If I ever needed anything when I was home alone for two weeks anyone would have come. Speaking of church we had a God sighting this week with our building we needed a big lift to trim trees we are moving and the pastor went and talked to the manager who turned out to be a christian and is giving us the lift for free for a week. How amazing! God does provide.

This is really long and I might import my notes from today's sermon because it made me feel better after this morning since I was feeling a little down. Its funny how God gives you answer when you need it. :) I love my family for bringing me up in a christian home don't know where I would be with out it!

No comments: