Today was an awesome sunday!! I learned a lot in the word today. Pastor talked about Jesus today. What the men had talked about on the retreat and we got it all today!!
First it all started out by having an awesome worship time by singing Knowing You and that song I love and thats all I want in life is to know Jesus. Grace also sang a song called When It's All Said and Done and I lovd that song. I might have heard it before but I dont remember.
Pastor talked about the Glory of Jesus- He made the stars, He made the Earth, He made EVERYTHING just with his breath he spoke it and it happened. Then he said you see the glory of the Lord in different things. Since we dont know exactly what Jesus looks like we can see it in the stars or in the beautiful sky. I went for a walk today and I saw the glory of Jesus in the beauty of everything. The sky was amazing. I was listening to a song when I was looking at the beautiful blue sky with no clouds and they talked about the glory of the Lord. I cant wait till the day I get to see his face. Some verses that went with that: Genesis 1:14, Psalm 148, Psalm 8, John 1:3-4
He also talked about the Selflessness of Jesus. He talked how you need to let other people be more important than you. I try to be selfless as I can I love to help other people but I know I can be selfish at times. It is something I need to work on in some areas of my life and I am going to. He talked about listening sometimes how we need to listen to people and not always be talking. Jesus wont be revealed in a heart that is selfish. I think thats what he said my notes got messed up. He used Pilippians 2:3
The sacrifice of Jesus- this is the gospel. Everyone has a sin issue and it must be punished but the selflessness of Crist had Him die for our sins. your sins were on that cross. But Jesus was selfless enough to die for them and forgive them all.
Lastly he talked about the Mission of Jesus- serving Him. Doing things that matter for eternity.
I loved todays sermon made me keep wanting to hear more and more. I am looking at my life and seeing how I need to look at these things and apply it to my life. I wish I could go back to jacksonville and look at the stars again. They were indescribable and always on my mind now at night.
I LOVE YOU JESUS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment