Sunday, November 2, 2008

Image

Well I learn more and more from scripture and from books I read.

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine
Isaiah 43:1

Tonight in my devotional about Rebecca St. James it was about what all girls struggle with, body image. Which is something I kind of struggle with this morning. Then I came home and on Lifetime two movies were on To Be Fat Like Me and Queen Sized which are both about fat girls. I even went on a walk and I kind of wear some shorts that show my flab on legs and I was walking by people and I was worried they are always looking at my legs which are getting better but to me they dont look the best. It something that I dont like. But it should matter God loves me no matter what. God delights in me. God Cherishes me. I am precious to him. She said to put that on a mirror but my mirror/door to closet kinda got off the hinge so I cant do that but I am going to try to remember it.

She also talks about how your body is a temple where they talk about that in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. Before I was on my diet my body was not a temple I would eat everything that looked good and not care. Now I am hooked on eating good and I know my body is a temple to God. I am doing this all for God He gets all the glory in this. Sometimes I go through issues of body image just like other girls and people but now I know no more of that because to God I am beautiful and thats all I need. :) God delights in me. God Cherishes me. I am precious to him.

Writing has become my new passion when I find a cool bible verse or something to share with people. I am trying to write better and use proper grammar because hopefully one day I will be able to help girls with body image issues and maybe even write a book. :)

No comments: