I think God is always trying to teach me something. Since today we "fell back" with the time change I was really tired and all confused this morning and kinda slept in for church. I didn't like the dress I put on and I was running late so there was no time to change. I put on my makeup and my eyeliner wasnt cooperating today. I went out the door thinking I dont look good. Then I get to church go to sunday school and talk with people before church starts. While playing the music to get people to start sitting down this 90 year old lady comes up to me, Betty Thacker. She says in an old lady voice, "I just wanted to tell you that you look great and are doing so good loosing weight." I just had to thank God because lately I been feeling like no one really mentions my weight loss anymore. I kinda look the same. No more drastic changes like before I just have a whole bunch of flab which I am hoping will tone up.
I also heard pastor say something this morning that really was a wake up call. He said,"We arent guarenteed a receptive culture." This week I learned that the hard way from some people who are really close to me. I have been constantly changing and reading bible verses and trying to become a set apart woman. I have no desire to watch certain things or listen to certain music anymore and find out some of my friends thoughts on it and it really hurt. But all I can do is pray for them. I have found myself praying all the time now. When someone or something that needs prayer I just pray. It feels good. God is a great God and will always be there for me. Since August while trying to pay my school bill I found out I need to be patient and know that everything is in God's hands. Just like this election which I am glad it will be over on Tuesday and whatever happens is in God's hands just like my little situation.
I know I ramble and get off topic but thats me. I just write my thoughts as I go.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment