Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Just another day!

I really have been enjoying writing and sharing my thoughts. Today was a good day just busy with school work and getting ready for finals coming up next week.

My devotions somehow always end up being the same and complimenting each other. It is very weird. But it was talking abou tbeing alive in Christ everyday. I will admit at the begining of this year I wasnt doing so hott with ym aliveness in Christ. But I had to take some people out as my friends and add some really good friends who understand me and can help lift me up!! I have never felt this close to God in awhile. Now every minute of the day I feel him with me. I know he is watching me and helping me get through the day. My life has mad e a 360 its not like I was bad before I just didnt have such a good relationship with God. Now I am on fire for him and I feel amazing. I am such a different person and its pretty good to be able to have amazing friends who can talk to about your faith.

I really liked these points so I thought I would share.
  • The world says we attain happiness by seeking to gain everything we can. Jesus says we experience true joy not by gaining something, but giving it up
  • The world says we should be concerned about how much we receive from others, whether that is monetarily, or int erms of physical love, affirmation, or praise. Jesus says that should be concerned with how much we give.
  • The world tells us to work hard by making our own way, even stepping on others in the process if thats nesscessary. Jesus says that we are to surrender our will in deference to others, treating them as more important than ourselves.
  • The world syas we truly live by following after our own dreams,not letting anything stop us from attaining the material success we seek. Jesus says we truly live by walking in obedience to Him.

I think I am pretty good on these points I love to giving. I love making special gifts for people and making it be something they can think about me when they look at it. Right now I am alive in Christ!! Are you?

No comments: