This week is going to be VERY crazy because of soo many things with a wedding and birthdays!!
At church yesterday i learned lots of things the sermon was on some of the characters in the nativity and I thought i would share it. It is the characters and some characteristics they had while going through a tough time.
We start with Zacharias and Elizabeth they have a a similar story to Jesus where an angel comes to Elizabeth and tells her about having a baby named John who is John the Baptist.
Zacharias- John the Baptists dad.
1. Stumbled in faith but got up.
2. obedient but not bitter to God
3. Worshipped at first opportunity
Elizabeth- Zacarias wife
1. Recognized God's favor (grace), humble
2. Exalted Christ
3. Spiritually Sensitive.
What I found interesting with John the baptist is when he leaped in the womb when the presence of God was around and they were talking about Jesus. We need to get excited about the presence of God like John the Baptist in the womb.
These people became great because they were chosen not great because they were chosen.
Mary
1. Accepted without hesitation to a not so easy assignment
2. Exalted the Lord continued in obedience.
Joseph
1. Righteous in law and mercy
2. Obedience when others would not understand. swift obedience.
Shepards
1. God showed and they told "Show and Tell"
2. Worshipped appropriately
Magi- bowed down
1. Humility
2. Determinded to worship
3. brought gifts that were meaningful
Innkeeper
People were pretty hard on the innkeeper.
What room are we making for Christ? Are we like the inn keeper? But it is never too late to make room.
Herod
1. disturbed
2. ignorant
3. schemed
4. manipulated
5. lied
6. infuriated
7. murdered
Now I was learning about all these people and all the people except Harod are what I want to be like. God has a plan for my life and if it is His will then I want to be able to do all these things that these great people did. Which for the most part I do. I have grown up with a faith that if something good happens you thank God!! Hope you enjoyed a little bit more about the Christmas story and who does and says what.
No comments:
Post a Comment