The sermon today was awesome. Pastor had talked about it before and he finally did it. He wants every family int he word every day. It is an awesome concept. He illustrated in church today by bringing in the couch from the church office and sitting it on the stage at the school(thats where we have church until our building is built). He talked about the benefits of it. Which are:
1. Glorifies God
2. Purifying effect- when you read the word it just makes you feel pure and better and gets you abck on track.
3. Develop patterns for people
4. Helps and reduces conflict
5. Shows the importance of the word.
6. Brings a family together.
Pastor talked about how he learned at a revival from a preacher who said he read the bible and prayed with his wife everynight and challenged everyone to do it. So pastor started with his wife then when his family started growing they started doing it with everyone. Then during the sermon he brought the whole family up and they showed how they read the word everynight together. GLory who is 6 even read the bible and she was sooo cute at it. He challenged the church to do it as a whole no matter if you are single or have a family. He said it will better the church and I think it will.
This is a sermon i will carry with me the rest of my life. I want to do this with my family if I am blessed to have a family of my own one day. It shows your kids you care about the bible and it is important to read it. My family did it tonight minus my brother. We read Psalm 136 and then we prayed. My dad lead since he is the head of the household. I am very excited about this new thing we are going to be doing everynight. Not every once in awhile, every night. This will be something I do the REST OF MY LIFE!!
Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You. Psalm 119:11
No comments:
Post a Comment