Sunday, January 11, 2009

Second Sunday of 2009

Hi!! Today pastor had a great sermon about a man who did everything he could to start missons back in the 1700's. He started the first international mission board over in Nottingham. His name was William Carey and he said an AMAZING quote that I will be using in my life.

Expect great things from God and attempt great things for God.
-William Carey, May 1792

But to be able to do this you need to have a zeal for God with a mindset of wanting to do it.

Just because you expect great things from God it doesnt mean everything wont be perfect. William Carey went through lots of trials he had 2 kids die at infancey and one die when he was a child. He lost a wife and got kicked off a boat when they found why he was going India. His life wasnt easy. Funny thing is people always think Christians have it soo easy.

As we honor God He multiplies.

This quote is a God centered quote so we need to be obedient. Dont demand things from God expect things.

Pastor also used this verse today and I thought it was a good one for a friend!! You know who you are. I know you are going through tough times but be faithful it all will work out. If you think this is for you and it isnt I hope it helped in some way

2You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. 3When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. James 4:2-3

It doesnt exactly have to do with you directly but some parts of it do. Just be faithful and everything will be fine!! I love you and I am praying for you and I know it will all work out just fine!!! :)

No comments: