Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Sunday of 2009

It was the first sunday of the new year and I loved the sermon and gave me a good outlook for the new year.

A New Year's Ambition
Therefore we also have as our ambition whether at home or absent to be pleasing to Him.
2 Corinthians 9

This year it is going to be about pleasing God in everything that I do. I will constantly be asking is this pleasing the Lord? If you are saved it shouldnt matter to you and you want to please Him. When you are saved and Jesus is in your heart you should have a desire to please God. Pleasing God and pleasing people are two different things. You cant please the Lord without Christ, Chris is needed to please God.

When trying to please God:
1. ask for wisdom it pleases God
2. Watch your thoughts. Let my thoughts be pleasing to God. It affects the pleasure of God. Read through the bible and memorize scripture.
3. Pleasing God is tied to sexual purity. sexual immorality isnt pleasing to God.
4. Pleasing God even when we hurt.
5. Please God when we give
6. Please God when we honor our parents.

Pleasing God is something that has to grow and it just doesnt arrive. As you grow in Christ you should be growing in pleasing God and have a desire to do it.
DESIRE TO PLEASE GOD!!

This year I am going to please God in all that I do. Thats what I desire to do because I am growing in Chrst daily. I even got this ring which I am kinda going to use as a reminder of everything that I should do everything to please God. Its kinda like a purity ring but I am wearing it on my left middle finger. I am kinda not thinking of it as a purity ring because I made that promise a long time ago to God and I dont need a ring to tell me. I have nothing against purity rings a lot of my friends have them. Most of my friends who have them their parents gave them to them. I like this ring I got to remind me to be Godly and use it as a reminder not to eat.

No comments: